Saturday, July 21, 2007

While I've got the dash all apart I figured I might as well repaint the metal parts. Decided on basic refrigerator white, literally. Got white epoxy appliance paint and gave her the Maytag treatment. I think the original paint was plain white instead of the off-white it ended up being, because when I prep-sanded the surface, it was a whole lot whiter than what I've been seeing. The drawback to the epoxy paint is the long drying time. Still, I think it will hold up better in the long run than plain Rustoleum. I also got some white vinyl dye as there are lots of areas of the interior that are dirty looking but the material is still good. So far I have only tried it on the front kick panels. Now my question is, what to do for the steering wheel? It is quite yellowed and while I don't really mind it, I'd prefer it to be as white as the rest of the white parts of the interior... see, you should never improve one area because it makes others look so much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment