Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hmmm...

Well I put up a classified ad on eBay a few days ago, and I had one person come to see it tonight... he brought his dad and brother. Had pretty mixed feelings as part of me would like to sell her and part doesn't want to. But ultimately, these buyers did not make a good impression on me. I felt they completely overlooked the car as it sits and only thought about how they could turn it into a DeVille with a $5000 interior makeover. Completely didn't get the steering and brake upgrades and pretty much didn't care about anything I had done. Talked about adding some kind of plastic chrome strip to the rear window reveal... I guess I should not be surprised, but I don't approach cars that way, when someone has obviously put some work into it. You may not like what someone has done, but you have to give a little respect to the amount of work that goes into it. None of them seemed particularly mechanically inclined as "dad" did not recognize the remote oil filter and the prospective buyer asked me what the master cylinder jutting out of the cowl was. I then explained about the disc brake upgrade and the dual circuit system... he seemed astonished. I covered that in the ad and, sorry boys, but car guys that I know would pick up on that right away. I don't think this car is a good fit for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment