Sunday, September 16, 2007

Power Locks!

Finished up the wiring of the locks, keyless, wipers and even cleaned up the fuel pump wiring. I added a small add-on fuse block and tapped into the battery power terminal in the left kick panel. This gave me 4 circuits to play with. I wired the locks and keyless to one circuit that is always on, of course. The fuel pump had been temporarily wired to the Acc terminal on the original fuse block and I now wired it into the auxiliary block. Since we only want power to it when the key is in Run, I tapped a wire in the back of the original block to energize a relay for the pump. I ran the wipers the same way, using a relay so they cut off when you turn off the key. I also replaced the black wiper knob with a '58 radio knob I got at Cooper's for $5. Not sure I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment