Saturday, June 6, 2009

Took Lucille out for a spin on the freeway around 6:30 pm when traffic was down somewhat. Drove out to Griffith park, Forest Lawn exit and then drove thorugh the park to the onramp going west at Betty Davis park. The car drives very nicely on the freeway now, compared to before the front end rebuild, but the harmonic rumbling noise is still there, produced by the engine/trans I'm quite sure. I don't know what can be done about that but it's really loud! At least the steering is tight and confident now. :D I'm very pleased with the results. The engine doesn't run real smooth and there is what I think is an exhaust leak, causing a one-cylinder pop in the exhaust sound. Doesn't sound good to me. I will probably need to hit AZ Vintage up for a right manifold. Might as well get both while I'm at it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment