Sunday, May 30, 2010

Brake Plans

OK, here is the current plan of attack on my nasty brake problem: Phase one, I will rip out the old Moraine booster and master; replace with Tuff Stuff 7" booster and MPB remote fill dual circuit master.

I will split the plumbing to have dual, front and rear systems with tubing from In Line or Summit.

With phase one done, I have a decision to make. I can stop right there and run the system with the original 4-drum system from the factory, or I can utilize the new components to their fullest and begin phase two: converting the front drums to discs using a ScareBird kit, an MPB proportioning valve to balance the drums to the discs, and a Wilwood 10# residual valve in the drum circuit. I am already in process of obtaining the parts to go ahead with the ScareBird conversion, and plan to go with it. But I reserve the right to change my mind and stop after phase one.

Addendum: Here is the pedal linkage I have to contend with unless I want to rip it out and convert the car to a conventional "swing pedal".

No comments:

Post a Comment