Tuesday, July 26, 2011

eBay Fun... about a day and a half left

I had so many offers to end my auction early, I finally set a reserve. It's below the "low retail" value NADA lists, but I was starting to feel it wasn't going to even come close to getting that high. Now tonight I see it is less than $900 from the reserve and there is 1 day, 18 hours left until closing. I'm really starting to get nervous. Am I doing the right thing, is the buyer going to feel the car is worth the price, am I stupid to sell, isn't it really worth hanging onto, no I need to get rid of some of these projects that I can't possibly finish... And that is kind of the bottom line for me. I like the four hobby cars I have, but the '76 needs some work and maybe a paint job to be decent. The Pontiac has been stopped cold from any progress for a couple months now, the '49 has just rekindled some excitement in me and I need to make some progress there... The '58 is a solid car, with lots of potential. I made some headway on it but I'm not happy with the exhaust and the front end work was a great start but now the rear needs to be gone through, the upholstery is not bad but it needs a refresh. Fortunately she still looks good enough to take out and have people just make a fuss over her, so that's why I think she is the one to sell... a very popular style with some solid value. I hope the new owner... assuming the reserve gets met... feels good about the purchase once he's got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment