Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sold!

Well, I ended up not doing too badly. I think it went for more than I really expected but at the same time, less than I paid for it and certainly none of the money invested in repairs and maintenance was recovered. Such is life. Had it not sold, and I had kept it longer, it would have meant even more money spent, as I would have to deal with the exhaust crossover (not a problem functionally, but the sound was annoying), and eventually the interior. There are so many things each of my cars "needs" that I just don't see any end to the amounts of money I will continue to throw away. But at least there is one less to throw it at. This will pay off most of the Pontiac loan and when I polish that off, I have to decide if that will be a keeper or one of the ones liquidated. :(

I looked up the web site from my buyer's email and found a "partner" company, http://www.baz-dreamcars.com/, so I don't imagine the buyer will be keeping Lucille as his own but will resell it. Well, this is what Rik Gruwez of the Cadillac Mailing List does too, so I guess I don't mind. I looked at the cars on the site and I see one other '58 Cad for sale, as well as an Impala. I see lots of Benz's there too. Nice ones, but I didn't look all that closely.He has already sent the deposit and I sent him wire instructions for the balance. He said his son is going to call me. Hopefully this is quick and painless for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment