Sunday, June 6, 2010

Disc-Oh!

Well I tried to finish up the upper brace for the master but all my drill bits are dull as a butter knife. So, moved along to the driver's side brake drum to begin the disc conversion. I had to improvise with the instructions a bit since following them about the lock washers made the rotor hit them. Also the lower front bolt has to be cut short or it will hit the lower control arm on sharp turns. But that's minor stuff. Another surprise is that the two lower bolts hold the upper and lower parts of the steering knuckle together so you must support the lower control arm to keep it from flying down under spring pressure. At this point I have the caliper bracket on, the bearings packed and the rotor attached. The dust caps are too small so I'll need to look for larger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment