Sunday, June 13, 2010

More Disc-Oh!

The passenger side is now converted over to disc. This side went much easier since I had done all the pathfinding already on the driver's side.

I did have to remove some material from each lower A-arm to allow for the nut and lockwasher sticking out further than the head of the original bolt on the lower front of the Scarebird caliper plate. Since I had to put the bolt head on the side of the plate facing the rotor, there was not much choice or else I would loose a bit of turning radius.

Brake hose used on the driver/left side is Raybestos BH36845 (15"). Brake hose used on the passenger/right side is Raybestos BH36960 (17") The BH36960 is the right hand side for the '79~82 Eldo and it has a metal clamp which will bolt to the upper ball joint nut. But the tab that goes under the nut is a bit large on the side that points to the rear and the hole is a tad too small. So the hole has to be enlarged and the tab trimmed. Easy with a grinder and a Dremmel.

Both of the front wheel disc conversions are now complete, as far as I'm concerned. Everything is done except for running hard lines to the hoses. Once plumbed, I will need to check that the banjo bolt is tight enough not to leak, but that is all. Getting the new 3/16" stainless steel line next week so I can begin that fun process next weekend. I've been working at getting the old lines loosened and out. Finally got the line to the front right out by snaking out towards the rear of the car. The left front will be easy. I'm not sure I am going to replace the rear circuit hard lines right away. I'm thinking I will just tie that into the master with existing line and see how everything works.

No comments:

Post a Comment