Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Frustration

Flaring tools are the bane of my existence right now. I had done most of the flares with a moderately priced device from Amazon, but on the last flare I had to do, it broke. I returned it and ordered a more bitchin one, at a good bit higher cost. Well tonight I tried to use it for the first time and it won't hold the tubing tight enough to make any flares. The tubing just scoots right out the side. So this one is going back to Amazon too. Time to bite the bullet and buy the most bitchin, best reviewed tool for the job, a Mastercool 71300 Hydraulic Tube Flaring System - 45°, capable of making Push-Connect and Double-Flare ends. Woohoo!

I have a Mastercool crimper for A/C hose and it's a very well made tool. Also expensive. This tool was not cheap either. More than three times the price of the one I am now returning to Amazon. But all the boards and reviews say it's awesome so I'll give it a try. Looks like it is also a lot easier tool to use since it uses hydraulic pressure to do all the heavy work. Now if it will just hold the damned tubing tight!

What a PITA!

No comments:

Post a Comment