Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tweaking the Booster

Yesterday I didn't get much done but I did get the booster mounted, checked the pedal for height, and got the eyelet sized correctly. The rod was nearly at the right length at that point, but I needed to do some small tweaks.

Today I trimmed the shaft a little and also shimmed out the booster out about a quarter inch. I shimmed the left side of the booster one extra washer because the master's front outlet was up against the fender. I think I am pretty much done with the mounting of the booster, but I will leave the master loose til I can bend up the lines. The pedal may still be just a tiny bit high but this way I know I am getting the full travel of the input rod. If it proves to be too bothersome when driving, I can always tweak it again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment