Sunday, July 18, 2010

Success! (sort of)

I pulled Lucille out of the garage to get ready to bleed her rear brake circuit and guess what? She stopped easily when I stepped on the pedal! Woohoo! But, having trouble getting the back brakes to work well. I thought I needed to re-bleed the master and adjust the rear shoes. But after trying that, I decided to try some real troubleshooting. I plugged both the outputs on the master and stepped on the pedal. It held for a couple seconds, then sank. I rebled the master, same thing. So, I now know the rear circuit in the master is apparently bad. It holds, then drops.

After reconnecting the lines, and removing the bleeder plug from the prop valve, I started the engine, put the car in gear (the rear wheels were still off the ground) and stepped on the brake. Sure enough, the wheels stopped just great... then a few seconds later they started spinning again no matter how hard I held the pedal down. I let the car off the jacks and put the car in gear. No movement as the fronts held just fine. Ugh. I've ordered yet another master.

No comments:

Post a Comment